Pre/Post Colonic Instructions:
24 to 48 hours prior. These are guidelines to help you get the most out of your session, not requirements.
2 hours prior to session:
- Refrain from eating to avoid a full stomach. If you are hungry or your blood sugar is low then you can eat a light snack before coming in for your session.
- Avoid caffeine one hour prior to session
- To be comfortable…do not drink any liquids 1 hr. before to avoid a full bladder during the session.
15 minutes prior to session:
- Start relaxing, breathe deeply & mentally preparing to let go of the stress of the day! You are coming in for an effective and stress free therapeutic experience and life is about to feel better!
- Please do not wear perfumes/colognes, strong oils, scented lotions or smoke before coming to appointment.
- Please do not bring anyone with you…seating is limited and we are not setup for daycare!
- Since you will be disrobing from the waist down, please wear comfortable clothing!
- Long dresses are not recommended as they may be uncomfortable and wrinkle!
What to expect after my colonic treatment?
Most clients experience a sense of lightness, feelings of happiness, joy and freeness that they have never had before. Describing it as “a feeling like a big weight had been lifted from their body” and “ a heightened mental, emotional and physical clarity”.
Although most clients feel high levels of energy, some however may experience transient effects of the toxins being stirred up. This process is called a “Healing Crisis”
The symptoms may include: aches, pains, headaches, nausea, fatigue, hunger, feelings of sadness, anger, bloating, hives, skin eruptions ect.
These symptoms are all natural responses to the healing process and will pass.
Drinking plenty of water helps to flush the system of toxins. It is very important NOT to suppress these symptoms with over the counter or western medicines.
Please allow your body to heal itself!!! This is part of the whole process of regenerating and shedding the very things that made your body sick to begin with.
Food suggestions After:
Directly after a treatment try and avoid foods that may be challenging: including pork, red meats, highly spiced foods, beans, cabbage & gas-producing foods, for at least 24 hours after your session.
After the session, eat foods as “close to the earth” as possible, a plant-based diet rich in vegetables, soups, salads and/or fruits!
Regardless of getting colonics these helpful suggestions can improve bowel movements and support more productive releases. In the days leading up to your colonic session.
BENEFICIAL Foods and Beverages before and after your Colon Hydrotherapy (Colonics) session:
- Fruits and fruit juices, preferably organic
- Chamomile, peppermint and ginger teas
- Fish and free-range poultry
- Green leafy vegetables (kale, spinach, mustard greens)
- Colorful vegetables and fruits (raspberries, blackberries, orange/red peppers, yams)
- Miso soup, organic vegetable soups, bean soups
- Nuts and seeds
- Sweet potato, instead of white potato
- Seasonal organic vegetables
- Whole grains (brown rice, millet and quinoa)
- Raw foods
- Purified and distilled water
- Foods that are more alkaline
Foods and Beverages to be AVOIDED directly before and after your Colon Hydrotherapy session:
- Coffee and tea with caffeine
- Carbonated drinks
- Animal protein in the form of meats
- Dairy Products
- Fatty and fried foods
- White flour products
- Ice cream
- Processed and junk foods
- Refined sugar
- Foods that are acidic
The ideal diet is 80% of your diet from the Alkaline food groups and 20% from the Acid food groups. Disease and illness breed in an acidic environment. Eat more alkaline foods than acidic if possible.
All animal products are acidic!
Please note: The most common post colonic experience is a slight delay in bowel movements and then a resumption of somewhat larger, easier to move stool. Sometimes if the colon is weak and sluggish, there may be no bowel movement for several days after the colonic.
This is not due to the colonic, but rather to the weakness of the muscles in the colon and indicates that the colon requires strengthening and healing, thus more treatments.
Take Pro-biotic supplements:
This is the perfect time to plant “friendly flora” back into to the digestive tract. It is also beneficial in minimizing any “healing crisis” which may occur. Make sure it is dairy-free, refrigerated, which is crucial in order to withstand the digestion process.
Drink lemon water.
This helps make the body more alkaline. Squeeze a half of an organic lemon in 8 oz of distilled or purified water.
Be gentle with yourself ,
and remember the body heals itself at its own pace. Don’t rush the process. Love yourself, love your body and stay positive and focused.
Take the time to rest and relax.
After a Colonic session experience, this is an excellent time to incorporate other simple yet very healthy natural therapies. Take 10 minutes a day to be silent and let go of everything and everyone.
Keep a food journal.
Be committed to really looking at your relationship with food. Write down everything you eat for a week. Include when you eat, how much and what emotions are attached to everything that you put in your mouth. This is an eye-opening experience!
This material is strictly for informational and educational purposes only. It is not meant to replace or substitute for the recommendations or advice of your physician or health care provider. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products and services are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.